Welcome to the Nurse's Page
Colbert School Nurse:
NEW Tdap Booster Shot Requirement
To parents of all sixth grade students: The Oklahoma State Board of Health recently added a new vaccine requirement for seventh grade students. Beginning in the Fall 2011 school semester, all seventh grade students must show proof of having received one dose of Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) vaccine before attendance is allowed. Tdap vaccine is considered a booster to DTaP vaccine that is required for Kindergarten entry. If you have any questions please contact the School Nurse Boyd, at 296-2590.
A note about Student Hygiene
Odors in the classroom are often exaggerated because of the closed room and the closeness of the students. Body odors can cause a distraction and interfere with learning in class. It may also cause conflict in relationships with classmates, and can lead to emotional problems later in school.
As you know, personal hygiene skills must be taught to children. Being clean is a part of being healthy. You can help by teaching your child to:
- Take a bath or shower with soap and water everyday, at bedtime or early in the morning
- Use deodorant after a bath or shower
- Change underclothes everyday.
- Wear clean and dry clothes.
- Wash hand before eating.
- Flush the toilet after each use
- Wash hands after using the bathroom
- Brush and floss teeth everyday
- Wash hair at least every other day, comb and brush everyday
- Keep fingernails and toenails trimmed and clean
If I can be of any assistance feel free to call me at the school.